Sunday 2 April 2017

The End

Hello, it’s me again :D

It’s the beginning of April in 2017. Almost midnight. And here I am ready to share my random thoughts. Damn I miss writing so bad! Don’t be doubt to leave this page though because it will be kinda boring :p

I think that I need to share my happiness lately in this my life journal blog. I don’t even remember the last moment I shared with you, guys. College life in 2016 was not easy for me, I guess. It might happen to you too, the last semesters students in the campus, no wonder haha.

What I want to share in this post is a brief résumé of my four years in college. Well, I think it’s 3,5 years by the way because I just ended it on March 27, yeay ^^. Officially, I got my Bachelor of Arts title on March 29, 2017. March in 2017 was epic. Even the beginning of 2017 was epic yet horrible too, hihi. At the beginning of the year, I was clueless about my final thesis and the presentation what so ever. I thought I was not ready at that time. Nonetheless, now I tell you that I am no longer a student of English Letters Department anymore. If you don’t mind, I’ll let you know a secret behind that ;)

Do you believe in writing your dreams on a paper and post it on your wall to make it happen? I did believe in that theory. At the second semester, I participated in a program of my campus to present my dreams. All the students were asked to draw their goals of life in a mindmap. Honestly, I’d like to post my mindmap of dreams here, but it’s kinda embarassing though. So, a bit descriptions maybe?

I have eight goals I’d like to achieve in my college life. Now, I’m counting that I have achieved 6 goals of all of them. Hurray! Two of them was not achieved yet, but I do believe in a second chance. Maybe I’ll go get them one day. The 6 goals are: get cumlaude title when I graduate from university, become a tourguide, work in public relation department in my campus, get into a committee in my campus, start to work in fourth or fifth semester, and finish my study in four years. Yap, those all some of the goals I had. It sounds easy cheesy, maybe. But the fact that I can reach all of them make me proud of myself :D

When I saw that mindmap, I was reminded of my goal: to finish the school in four years. Somehow, it built a strength and power to myself to immediately make it happen. So I wrote another goals in 2017 in another piece of papers that I posted on my cupboard. I wrote down each goal in thesis writing that I should have made in each month in 2017. March, however, was the target month of my thesis presentation. Ups and downs, feeling stressed, confused, angry, everything was there in the process. There was a time of being hopeless and doubt, a time when I did not really believe in my capability, a time when I was not certain of the goal that I wrote. But again, the mindmap was still there. It was like giving me voice of support ‘YOU CAN BLOODY DO IT, DEV!’. And yes, after five months of writing the thesis, I bloody did it. Yeay!

Four years of college have given me a great journey of my educational life. I thought that maybe I was just lucky of being chosen as one of the moderators in an international seminar at my campus, a tutor, or a presenter in a national lingustics seminar. I also did an unforgettable travel to Borneo and other 14 cities in Indonesia which I never thought of before. Then I realize now that maybe it was not because of luck. Maybe it’s  the pay of all hard work that I did. Plus, because of that mind map's voice :D

Indeed, all of the things that I have been through and all of the things I have right now is supported by my wonderful friends. I am really really really thankful for meeting such of those freaks that will always be there to cheer me up and support me. These four years of college would not have been this amazing without my folks. Thank you guys ;)

I think it is a splendid time to stay in Jogja and meet bunch of incredible people that teach me everything. They are really my gurus of life. Now, it’s time to figure out what’s to do next. After Jogja, can you guess which city I’ll live in? :D

To all of my readers, I’d like to encourage you to keep dreaming. To keep struggling and working hard to make it happen. To believe in yourself that you are that capable. To never listen to all of negative criticisms that let you down. To take all of the lessons in your life as a valuable experience. To be thankful and to enjoy and love every step that you take in your life. To never regret the decisions even how stupid they were. To be inspired by this story and start to make your own mindmap of dreams J

Here I post some of the pics of my college-journey-life. Happy scrolling ^^.













No comments: